My baby and his sleeping habits...help lol

When my daughter was born she would sleep well and would get up when she was hungry and for her diaper to be changed. She ate 4 ounces and burped every 2, then usually go back to sleep and she would sleep anywhere. I just had her baby brother, he is a month old today. He wants to constantly suck on something yet with a pacifier her will suck 2 to 3 times and spit it out then he will cry for it to be put back in and it is killing me as far as sleep lol , He will not sleep in a crib he wants to either sleep in his crib, bouncer, or carseat. When he wakes up to eat he will drink like 1 to 2 ounces and sometimes he will suck down 4 to 5 and sometimes he sucks on the bottle and gets nothing somehow...even though i check and it comes out just fine. I have never been through this and wanted to know how I could make things better? How to get him to sleep in a crib,eat better,and stop wanting to suck all the time lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OP Here -sorry i meant to put sleep in his swing bouncy seat or car seat lol as you can see i have had hardly any sleep ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• some babes are just suckers LOL when you put him down with the pacifier try to swaddle him with the paci tucked in so it can't fall out so easily. I remember that crap with the bottles, thinking they'd been sucking for a year & getting no where! Right now you need sleep, more than anything. My main ideas are - swaddling, have the crib on a slight incline, sleep with him on your chest, have the pram next to your bed & let him sleep there-you only have to put your hand out and rock a little then, Sometimes loosening the cap a little on the bottle helps the flow increase although at 1 month you really don't want it to go too fast. Sometimes it is easy to forget he is really new to this whole eating, breathing pooping game. You've done it before, but he hasn't. Put him in his crib aake and pat his back with the pats slowly getting further & further apart. It's a gentle way to ease him into the crib - he is way too young to CIO
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I agree 100% with myheartx4. That is good sound advice and exactly what I would tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Time time time. That's truly the only cure. Myherat's advice is good...take it with a HUGE dose of patience.

Sleep for mom? Heh heh heh...still waiting for that and my son's ten years old...it's always SOMETHING!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You could re-lactate and co-bed. You'd get more sleep and he'd get to suck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2010