Is there a shampoo with conditioner for kids or even a just a conditionder for kids?

Our hairstylist recommended my 9 yr use conditionder because he has very thick and coarse hair.

momofzachjassop

Asked by momofzachjassop at 6:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I agree with SabrenaLeigh: a 9-year-old should be able to use a regular conditioner.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• why not use regular conditioner? I use pantene on my 2yr old. She has curly hair that likes to tangle:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I use Sauve smoothing shampoo for kids. It's Shampoo and Conditioner in one and tear free. You could try that first before you go to adult shampoos. The L'Oreal for kids is the same and works well too. I just get suave because it's cheaper :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Suave and Loreal paris make the 2 n 1 shampoo/conditioner and some even have 3 n 1 with the detangler!! I have used both with my kiddos and Suave passes the test!
    CouponingMoM

Answer by CouponingMoM at 8:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Suave for kids. It is shampoo and conditioner in one.
    skymcr

Answer by skymcr at 8:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thanks! I didn't want to use regular ones yet so I didn't have to worry about eyes burning. Plus I have another two small kids and will be likely using same product on them rather having separate bottles.
    momofzachjassop

Answer by momofzachjassop at 8:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The kids stuff is often really waxy stuff. It may make her tangles worse as it starts coating her hair. I would try a regular adult spray on/leave on conditioner.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Didn't know there was a spray on/leave conditioner. Can you suggest a brand name?
    momofzachjassop

Answer by momofzachjassop at 10:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• suave has 2 in 1 shampoos in different scents - wacky watermelon, some coconut one, etc.
    Anonymous

• I'm think at 9 her hair would be past using kid's shampoo, especially if it's thick and coarse; I think kid's shampoo's are designed more with fine toddler-type hair in mind. A regular one might work better for her. You might start with a 2 in 1 shampoo that includes conditioner. Leave in conditioner is also a good idea since you can skip the extra step of conditioning.

Anonymous