hardwood floors

I have fairly new hardwood floors (5 yrs old). They came with a "matte" finish. I really want a high gloss finish, or at least a high gloss shine. What can i do to achieve this? Do i need to totally refinish the floor? Or is there a product that will give me that shine i'm longing for? Thanks

Michele

mouse1085

Asked by mouse1085 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You are going to have to look at refinishing the floors. The best way to deal with the finish on a hardwood surface is to strip the old surface off and then apply a new surface.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Gymcoat will give you a high gloss, hard finish.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The best way to change the finish on a floor like that is to sand and refinish. Anything you put on top of the existing finish will have to be reapplied when it starts to show wear, and there is the chance depending on the exact finish that is on there that anything put on top won't "stick" and may look really bad really fast.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010