Can someone be not 'gay enough'?

Yup, Discrimintation claims among gays!! 3 bisexual men sue national gay-athletic organization, saying they were discriminated against during the Gay Softball World Series held in the Seattle area two years ago.

The three Bay Area men say the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance in essence deemed them not gay enough to participate in the series.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011657770_lawsuit21m.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "This case is just about treating everybody in the community equally ... and not interrogating folks about whether they're gay enough to play," said Melanie Rowen, an attorney for the National Center for Lesbian Rights, which is representing the three men.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Personally, I think they should just start their OWN private selective league and leave it alone... But, I find it interesting that someone is suing over not being gay 'enough'... Curious to know what others think  ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• a group that cries they want tolerance and accpetance for all is really exclusive and bias.  This is really funny.  This makes them look like fools and hypocrites.

dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 7:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• They're never happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• not sure can the rest of us be straight enough? I agree with a pp...if you spend all your time stressing tolorance and acceptance than you should follow what you preach or you just look like a fool.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I am assuming that this is nothing a shot of estrogen can't fix.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Doesn't this just say that the North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance is intolerant? Not the entire gay population. I mean, this one athletic group doesn't speak for the entire gay community. Why not just start a league where it doesn't matter if you're gay or not? Rather than an exclusively gay league?

Still, I'm tired of the notion that every time one gay person or one gay group does something it is representative of the entire people. If one group of white people do something stupid, it doesn't represent all white people: example - the KKK, they're white idiots and do not represent all white people.

Uh... not that a gay baseball league has anything to do with the KKK... I think I might end up regretting using that analogy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• beckcorc, just about said it all, but the organization is a private one and can set their rules, and bisexuals where not included in their rules, anyway you put it it is stupid beyond beleif!

Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ROFL! Sorry, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

•  I LOVE ME SOME GAY BASEBALL!!

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010