Natral ways to cure a yeast infection?

I found out by my doctor that I have a yeast infection, but I litterally have no money to buy medicine for it. What about some natural ways that would cure it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• Did you think to ask for a sample of med? Always tell your doctor if you can't afford the meds. I'd also ask the pharmacist. I'd use yogurt. I'd also make sure I bleach my underwear and IRON the crotch of the underwear to kill the yeast that usually doesn't get killed by washing them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• eat lots of yogurt
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Eat yogurt. I've also heard that you can literally put plain yogurt (not fruit) "down there."

I got a yeast infection under my breast shortly after I started exercising again earlier this year and my doctor gave me a prescription for a cream. It cost me $2 and some change...so very quickly it'd definitely be cheaper to get medicine than yogurt.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Plain yogurt not fruit or flavored. Also garlic cloves word of caution though be careful not to split it open first that would NOT be fun.

nautired

Answer by nautired at 10:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yup- plain yogurt... put it there. It works great and causes less problems than using some of that heavy medication. Incorporate yogurt into your diet and drink lots of fluids.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Oh I forgot to include I would put the yogurt on a non scented tampon it makes it easier to insert and keep in place.

nautired

Answer by nautired at 1:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Take a bath and add baking soda to the water, about half a cup. It does wonders!
    Anonymous