When looking at preschools...

Should they give you a copy of the daily schedule? Did you get one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no... that would wait until middle school I think. My son went to pre K in his elementary, tho. I don't know how it is with private preK's.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 8:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yes, you should have a general idea of what the daily routine/schedule will look like
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• they told me when lunchtime for the little kids was, and when pick up was... and that they had learning/projects before lunch, and recess before pick up. shrug?
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We had a general idea of the routine. The school my kids went to kept a copy of a "typical" day on their web site in fact. Teachers should be open to giving you a basic overview of "typical" day routines. We would get to visit for back-to-school night early in and walk through the routine ourselves with the teachers. However, there's also a need on our part as parents to recognize there is a need for flexibility and fluidity in a preschool setting. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• They should be able to give you the general flow of the day. If they tell you it varies alot day to day, the program is fairly unstructured. That isn't necessarily a problem unless you have a child who needs structure, in which case I'd keep looking. I also asked to see the ciriculum just to see what they were covering (and to make sure it existed...)
    Anonymous