Want to make friends - have NO money...what to do?

Alright, I'm not saying I want to buy my new friends, but as far as I am concerned, it is helpful to have a bit extra for lunches/brunches, movies, extra food if we have them over, etc.

Problem is we are on a hugely tight budget...not even sure if we can stay in our rented house...so, it's bad!

I have friends back in Denmark, where I'm from. And up until now they (along w/skype :-) have been enough. But living here now for 11 yrs. I find myself missing having "drop-by-for-coffee friends", close friends...close by.

I have a couple of moms, I know from boys school/playdates, and I would like to put in more of an effort to become close w/ them.
Do any of you have any CHEAP or even FREE ideas? I'm talking under $5 for everything.

(....and if any of you are from Greensboro, NC. and also looking for friendship - by all means : drop me a msg. :-D )

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 8:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why don't you invite them over for coffee sometime? Also check for activities in your area that are free and invite them to join you.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i wish i could helpthere. frirndship is udder disaqppointrment in the end better so save your money for family
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• How about making a container of coffee at home. Make some brownies or cupcakes and meet at a playground. Let the kids play and you & the other Mom relax! Go on a nature walk in a local park and look for specific birds and flowers. I go to the Library twice a week and have met some friends. Go to your local library and it's free to sign up for childrens programs like toddler playtime & crafts. They also may offer evening programsfor you like yoga or jewelry making and most are FREE too! You can meet other Moms who are probably in the same situation like most of us. I love the Library and didn't even know about all the things they offer until someone else told me. Best wishes!!
    Anonymous

• Also Some zoos have free day! Check your local zoo or aquarium for info! Check out thier websites. :)
    Anonymous

• What great ideas (except of corse you, rucafox - you sound like you need some GOOD friends more than me...you don't happen to live round Greensboro, nc? - we could be friends and I'll show you it can be worth it :-)

But I will try most of the ideas on here - good idea about the picnic @ the playground, anon.12;09 and good to know about the libraries programs, too .
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010