Is it OK to use the collection basket at church as a change maker?

If I have only have big bills would it be bad to throw in a $50 and pull out a little change?

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

HAVE A NICE SAFE DAY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• for shame.

that collection plate is the main reason my broke butt doesn't go to church.

in answer to your question tho, if I wqent to your church and saw someone diggin around in the plate, i'd start writing checks... and do some serious head shaking and finger wagging in their directiong :P
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• please tell me this is a joke!

why not get change before you go to church????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i would maybe leave a tip?? lol funny question
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We either bring the exact amount, because we know by at least the night before how much cash we have and in what size bills, so we get change ahead of time or we write a check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Making change in the collection basket is tacky.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• it def. wouldn't look right, I would never do it. Just stop at a gas station on the way there and get change.
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yeah i agree with gealach it does look tacky, it's nice you're giving but get change before or write a check
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• americansugar80 i would maybe leave a tip?? lol funny question

I am glad at least one person got a laugh.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My husband has problems with this so I have him go to a store the grocery or convenience store even if it is out of the wya and get change. He usually buys something cheap like some Mentos and then asks for 5 $1 bills for the kids and a couple of $% bills so he has what he needs.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• haha im pretty sure thats a no-no. in fact i remember preacher jokes about a kid doing that...so he could give to God AND get a candy bar.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010