Anyone live in or near Charlotte, NC?

My husband may be getting transferred to this area from Michigan. I'm open to this change, but just wondering what people from the area thought. We have a almost 2 year old and I'm 36 weeks pregnant now, so a kid friendly area is very important.
What do we need to know? What areas are good to live in? What is there to do for families?
Thanks ladies for your help!!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My parents are looking to sell a house in Charlotte. I visited them a few times and it is a beautiful area. The drivers are much more considerate than south Florida. I wished to move up there with them, but it wasn't possible. They moved to me instead. They were two hours from the mountains and two hours from the beach. Lots to do around there. Downtown has a lot of festivals and a very nice, fun childrens science museum. The weather is mostly beautiful year-round. Great for getting kids to play outside.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2010