MY 18 month old is constipated, what do I give him?

My son has not went to the bathroom in two days. He tries to poop but he can't. He face just get red and it smells really bad. He was up all night screaming. I have been giving him juice and fruit but it does not seem to help. Please help!!

Simple925

Asked by Simple925 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a couple shots of prune juice mixed w/ h2o so sip on throughout the day. if persists... :(one of those little pills you put in their bums :(
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Miralax is what I give my son. Its a non stimulant and your body just produces more water to help push this out. Its safe and our Ped recommended for his chronic constipation and also the ONLY thing that ever worked. No juices ever helped him or sugars
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• cut the dairy. give him brown rice and veggies too. have you tried the prune juice?
    good luck to you both!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• get him maralax fill it to the bottom line of the cap and poor it in 8oz of prune juice. If that don't work which by the sound of it give him a flet edmina or suppository they make them for babys at the pharmacy. give him some tynole for the pain. make sure he's drinking lot's of water.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2010