What's your favorite thing to do with the kids when you're stuck inside?

Half way through spring break with my kiddos (6 years to 2 years) and it's too cold to play outside today. What do you like to do with your kids on days like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Make forts. I am Queen.. Defend me from the babies drool!!! LOL

But we LOVE when dh is home and we're stuck inside because of the weather. Dh covers all the windows, moves any funiture in the way so no gets hurt, turns off all the lights and hands everyone a different color glow stick. He and the boys have these guns that have foam darts. IT is HILARIOUS to "watch" them battle in the dark. Of course DD and I are off limits lol. You can hear them running around. " You shot me! Nuh uh! Yes you did! How do you know it was me? Cuz your dart is yellow! They're all yellow!" <~~~~LMAO To funny to me.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• cook and eat.... and assign big boy jobs like emptying the dryer
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I recently taught my 3 year old to play hide and seek, and its so cute because she goes to the same spot everytime and giggles, so the sound leads me right to her lol She loves little games like that. Other than that we color, watch cartoons, and I let her "help" me clean the house by letting her push the vacuum and such.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We move around furniture (we have a few recliners for an unknown reason...lol) and make a large fort. The kids play in it all day and then at the end of the day we pick it up. It is amazing how much they will play with stuff that was previously "too boring" when it can be played with in a "fort".
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 9:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Painting rocks. We go down by the river & find nice flat soft ones. Although, we have so many painted rocks now! They do make great cheap gifts for family members though, & they always appreciate your child's art along with the fact that rocks are not hard to keep & make great paper weights...LOL! We also do kareoke on the TV. The songs are stupid, but it's still funny as hell! We mostly do something crafy though...Here is a GREAT site that has a lot of cool arts & craft idea's for kids

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/crafts-by-age/

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• LOL, some great ideas ladies, thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i have a liitle girl so we play dress up.igot her little girl make up so i do hers and then she does mine then we make dresses out of blankets on safety pins. then we put on a whole dancing princess show it sooo much fun.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2010