Pregnant and quitting smoking

I found out this morning i am pregnant, I have been smoking on and off for 3 years what is the best method to quitting should i do it cold turkey or wean myself from them for less withdrawls?

Whitney_Lynn

Asked by Whitney_Lynn at 9:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think cold turkey is the best...you need to find something for your mouth to do...eat candy, chew gum...oral for dh!
    Anonymous

• i'm a cold turkey quitter, and i've quit like a hundred times in my life for years at a time... but sometimes cigs smells so good I just have to have a drag.

ugh. I'm a quitter now though, and I suggest keeping it up... and if you can afford to eat... do it.. don't be afraid to stuff your face with whatever you want for as long as it takes for cigs to start smelling disgusting.

because they are. you just have to drain your brain to make you gag when you smell them... like...
    eat bacon whenever you want a cig... b/c bacon smells so much better than stanky disgusting cigarettes...

oh... and think about how cigs make you look... like grey skin, grey l ips.... just nasty shit.... and eat.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I did it cold turkey, you can't do this gradually when you are pregnant because eveytime you smoke so does your baby.

Answer by older at 9:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I quit cold turkey, then it gets out of your system, and lose the craving faster.. I kept those little candy suckers handy and they helped keep my hands busy... Been smoke free since October 2008... You can do it, keep thinking of your baby and that should help too!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Also cold turkey here.. Why do they call it that anyways?
    But yea i replaced smoking with food for about a month then i was fine and now the smell just makes me want to puke.
    Its hard and it sucks. But hang in there.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 12:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010