How would you handle this pain?

I just saw a national news show with my biological father in it. They call him the Prozac Pilot and hold him up as this great guy who just needs antidepresents for a little help. He goes so faras to say He could have lied and kept his job, but he just couldn't lie, and that this was the hardest chioce he has had to make.
This just burns me. This man has given up 6 children. I am not talking he gave us up at birth. He waited till we where old enough to cause long standing metal pain. And now he is writing a book. Every time this jerk shows back up it shatters any form of normality my sibilings and I where trying to get. I know it may be selfish, but I wish that the pilots out there would find a diffrent one to rally behind, because if I here how everyone should pity him because he is some great guy that just needs a few pills I am going to lose it. Any one mentally ill enough to give up that many kids (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• should not be allowed to fly.
    And to get on National news and say it was the hardest thing in your life to not fly when you have so many kids you have willing walked out on makes me sick.
    How do you handle the pain from someone like this constantly poping back in your lif just to let you down again and then gets on national news and crys for pity because he can't fly a plane?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• that's so hard. I'm certified mental myself in a myriad of ways and can't imagine giving up my children at any age.

and so is my mother, and her mother and hers before that. My mom is.... a character.

I feel like we just have to livef OUR lives... and let them work through their own pain on their own.
    You have more than enough pain of your own, that is quite evident. Giving in to your rage, reaching out and giving him a peice of your mind.... throwing chairs , bitinjg pillows.... none of that will make you feel any better.

it is SO hard to let go, when you DESERVE the love of a parent. but you have to. :( you really really have to. slice those heartstrinjgs for your sake.

my mom will never be my mommy, she's a drunk, lying, man user, who calls for money every so often, homeless everyso often.

your dad... he cared enough to stikc around awhile. he's medicating hiimself. he has to be selfish too, for himsel
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 9:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No not only did he not care when he was around, but now he is on this website a site for mothers and telling me how horrible I am for speaking out against him. To top it all off he is trying to geuss at which one of his children wrote this. In all honesty for the sake of all the pilots out there that are suffering from depression I hope they find someone better to rally behind.

Someone that does not think it was much easier to hand his kids off to people he never knew than it was to give up flying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2010