What kind of laptop computer do you have? Pros/Cons? Cost?

I'm wanting to get a 2nd computer and most likely a laptop. I have a 3 y/o & am concerned with him hyper-extending it & destroying it, however, it would be a great thing to not be stuck in this room. Maybe in the kitchen or living room, or in the car. If you take a laptop with you, can you still get online to check email? I don't know enough about them, but want the freedom of taking it with me.

WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN ONE?

doodlebopfan

Asked by doodlebopfan at 9:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mines a Toshiba, I have had it almost 2 yrs and I love it.. I take it on trips etc. Hubby has the same one, it's 3 yrs old. We gave our son the dinosaur desk top and I don't miss it... I don't know a lot of the technical things but I'm happy with mine...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have a mac and I love it.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We do only laptops, they travel well and are used all over.
    My dh and I share a Acer (little over a yr old) and our grandson has a Dell with dual processor core (1 yrs old).
    His is faster than ours and can hold much more, but we got it for him in hopes that
    it would last most if not all of his school yrs and he is 9 now. We love ours.
    If you are worried about keys being accidentally hit or such with a toddler running around, most lap tops can or do have
    key tab lock on them, we use ours bc I have 4 kitties who all think they know how to use the computers...lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We have a Dell Studio 17 and we LOVE it. We got it off the Dell Clearance site online, for a great price and it's a great laptop. We've had no troubles with it so far, and prior to that one, we had a Dell Studio 15 which we also had no problems with. We had a Sony Vaio a few years ago and we didn't like it as much as we do the Dells.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• bump
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have a ACER (Aspire 6920) LOVE it haven't had any problems with it and it has A LOT of the same bells and whistles that High end laptops have for a fraction of the price plus my 5yo beats up on it and so far so good. Oh and I have had it for 3 years and my DH has a HP and he paid twice as much for less features.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have 2 dells and a Sony Vaio. Love the Vaio!!
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I had a sony vaio and it was great. expensive, though. I have a toshiba now that i just got a week ago and i love it. It has more ram and memory, a bigger screen and the extended keypad all for half the price of a comparable sony. what i thought was necessary in looking for a laptop was a dual core processor, built in cam and mic, and the 64 bit operating system (upon suggestion of a friend that works in i.t. at an internet service provider)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i have an hp pavilion dv6000 going on 2 yrs in may and i love it. my son has poured water in it 3 times and it is still alive and kicking!! ive never had a problem with my laptop. it has survived water damage 3 times, a whole bunch of falls from my car, kitchen counter, fire place etc. idk how much it cost b/c my dh got it for me but i knw i love it
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 2:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2010