How can i increase my milk production

How can i increase my breast milk so that i can pump for work n nurse at home?

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 9:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Drink water. Especially while you are pumping. There's also Mother's Tea which I heard works really well, but i haven't tried it because I stopped nursing two and a half years ago.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• pump about an hour after your baby nurses a few times a day and stay well hydrated. also if your baby sleeps for a long time at night, pump before you go to bed and after baby nurses if she does wake up in the middle of the night.
    Anonymous

• Just nurse. Really. Pump WHILE nursing...best output. Pump in the AM while nursing for max return. I wouldn't bother at night. Supply is lowest then and it's often an exercise in frustration unless you're exclusively pumping.

Expect one half to two ounces total a session...that's normal output. More is a bonus.

Baby will need one to one and a half ounces per hour of separation...that's based on a daily need of 24-30 ounces. So you don't need much.

Drop by the Breastfeeding Moms group for more help.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010