Do I have a right to be mad?

I recently moved in with my new husband and his parents. I left my car with my dad, because he doesn't have one, and he needs it to go to work. Well, last week he called me up and told me my sister crashed it. She is 16, has no license, and knows that I don't want her driving my car because of it. But my dad lets her do it anyway. He said she hit (and broke!) a telephone pole, and the car is totaled. She's ok, just got glass in her face and hair, and got bruised up. She got 2 tickets (no insurance and no license) and she has court. Well, I was planning on using that car to drive up to North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut to see family I haven't seen in over a year. That car was very good on gas. But my sister broke it. Do I have a right to be mad?

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you seriously asking if you have a RIGHT to be mad? You have a right to expect her to replace the car in my opinion. I would be furious.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes, you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ofcourse u do !!! i would be furious if i were in your place ! and if i had the slightest idea if my dad would still my teenage sister drive around my car, i wouldnt have left the car keys with him anyway. but since the damage is done, i think u should get ure dad to get ure car fixed or get u a new one. and dont delay ure trip. tell him u urgently needed to go and visit family relatives u applied for ure vacation from work (or ure hubby did) and got them. so take his car now. i know he's ure dad. but when he's going to have inconvenience, he'll know better to side with ure reckless sister next time and let her get away with everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes you have every right to be mad. Your Dad and sister should buy you a new car.
    NatesMommy118

Answer by NatesMommy118 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes you have a right to be mad and you have the right to demand that they buy you a reasonable replacement! This would be a deal breaker for me, if they don't make this situation right I would never trust them again. Your sister needs to start babysitting, busing tables, cutting grass anything..She will never learn from her mistakes if she is able to get away with this.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You're SEVERELY LUCKY if your insurance will cover the car since she wasn't licensed and driving it!!

You'll have to press charges against her for either joyriding or stealing the car for driving without your permission, otherwise, you may be stuck on the end of having to pay for it and she won't!

My freakin' dad is the same way with my lil brother since my parents started divorcing. He's 17, has 3 tickets within the year, trashed a truck my dad let him have to drive that's 2 years newer than the car it took me 4 years to pay off!!! And doesn't have a job! I had a job at 15. Wasn't supposed to yet, but I pulled some strings so I had extra cash!

You better get on the ball with your insurance and see if they're going to cover this, otherwise you may be stuck with hauling off a dead, crashed car that you'll see nothing out of.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• And not just damages to the car, damages to the pole she hit, any wires that need rehung... EVERYTHING INVOLVED.

Please, protect yourself!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You have a right to be mad and the car should be replaced with absoloutely no cost or penalty to you. Meaning your dad needs to buy you a car.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 11:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2010