Tea parties are violent! WHAT??

Police say anti war protests more violent that Tea parties. So much so that they have slacked back on traditional protests security.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/candance-moore/2010/04/21/shocking-report-police-find-tea-parties-more-peaceful-anti-war-prote

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess when the liberals have a group their violence must be justified since they never see any faults in any of their groups.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Who said they were violent?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I guess you don't watch the news, anon?

This flies directly in the face of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) comparing TEA parties to California in the 1970s - and that of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann comparing them to Selma during the fight for minority civil rights.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Honestly, in my town there was not enough Tea Party participants for it to be an issue. Violence during protests/rallies is often linked to the size of the crowd and when you only have a small amount of people the chance for violence is not very likely. So our Tax Day Tea Party did not even warrant police presence. We did have police presence at a prayer vigil for a local woman who is missing, for traffic control. So my question would be did they need to relax things because they were less violent or because there just was not enough people. Either way I can not stand either side and think anything to do with either party is not news worthy. I am still waiting to find someone who really wants what is best for this country.
    Anonymous

• LOL! The police presence at our tea party was part of the party!! The sheriff even spoke a few words about honor and duty to country.

There is a big difference in how the conservatives and the liberals..not the fringe..go about things. It is no surprise to me that there is little to no violence at tea parties as opposed to anti-war protests.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ANTI-war protestors are more violent.... Isn't that funny?  One would think.......  Well.........  I guess that is their problem..  They don't.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Carpy,

You pulled the rug out from under the libs feet, they don't have much to say.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I see no problem with the Tea Party groups. They had one on the 15th,Tax Day,here in St Paul and it was peaceful ...except for Michelle Bachman's high pitched, emotionally exaggerated,hysterical voice. LOL. I didn't go.
    But IF they actually know what they are talking about and have a reason for their activities, fine.
    I think the nuts were in other parts of the country when they made the news with their Hitler signs and such a few months ago. They were really bad and gave the Tea Partiers a bad reputation. They were nuts. Unwatchable. Wrong.
    But not in our state. You know...Minnesota Nice?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Only police presence I've seen at the TEA Parties was for pedestrian traffic control, because they stage the protests at a major intersection.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I'm really not suprised! One of hubby's Marines had an full can of red paint thrown at him through the window of his truck while he was waiting in line at the main gate on his way to work one day. It ruined his truck and the cammies he was in. The protestors were questioned and said well he shouldn't have his window down with a sticker like that on the back windshield, he's asking for it. The decal they took offense to said "Marine Corps Combat Vet Proudly served in Iaq." I know because we bought them for all of them when they came back from Fallujah and it was the only decal on his brand new truck. Poor kid he ended up with a bruised collarbone from where the paintcan hit him.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 4:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010