My toddler has a rash but hasn't eaten anything new, any ideas what it could be?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• it could be any number of things...
    any fever? did you change soap or detergent? been anyplace new? is it hot out?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• When I doubt, I ask the doctor about unexplained rashes.

Has your child been sick recently? Any changes in detergents? What's the weather like - is heat rash a possibility? Have you used a new soap or body lotion? Playing outside some place where fertilizer has been laid down?

Pollen has been VERY high this season. My DD, who has had mild seasonal allergies in the past, broke out in hives this season from the tree pollen. She's on a daily allergy medication for the rest of the season now.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Have you changed his/her baby soap, lotion or laundry detergent? I used Burts Bees Baby wash on my son Once and the next day he was covered with a rash from head to toe & it lasted a week! Now I just use Johnsons shea & Coconut butter Baby Wash & no problems!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Did you put them in any new clothes that hadn't been washed yet? I know that causes a rash for ours.
    Anonymous

• what about playing outside - where is the rash on their body? could it be the grass or a plant they came into contact with. i am allergic to grass and weeds and if i roll around i will get a small rash.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Also, did you recently wash your floors? It could be a reaction to a floor cleaner. You can have an allergic reaction to just about anything your body comes in contact with.
    Anonymous