my husband has a friend that wants to pay us 20.00 a week to eat at our house (dinner with us) is this enough?

Well he has his own place, but he has a friend and his wife that were having problems so he told them if they can pay 200.00 a month they can live with him. They have been living with him for a year now. They haven't paid him for living there or anything he thought they couldn't afford it so then he said 60.00 they again said that was fine still not paying so he asked them they said they couldn't afford 60.00 so he said can you do 40.00? He said yes and they still aren't paying they went out to rent a center and bought a tv from them and paid to have the cable on, but they aren't paying for anything else or food. So DH's friend asked if he can start eating over here cause he has no money left he said he can pay us 20.00 a week. We are struggling to, is this a fair deal or should I ask for more money? It is just him and he will only be here for dinner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• He needs to get those people out of his home! Can afford a t.v. from rent a center!! Do you know how expensive those are from RAC???? Expensive their $60. dollars a week!! And $20. a week is nothing if you can't afford it. He should kick the moochers out and he won't have such a problem.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 10:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yes. I didn't even read the actual details of your question.

because... you're giving your husband time with a friend. shrug. and feeding someone. compassion and friendship. you're feeding your happiness. :D
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 10:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• aww, poor guy. I wouldnt MAKE him pay...but if he offers i wouldnt turn it down and i would tell him i appreciate it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• no 20 is good enough i'm always feeding my hubby friends just because they are bachlors and i know they don't eat well so i cook for them for free even though we are struggling too
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• well normally I wouldn't make them pay because I feel bad for people that can't eat, but we can barly feed ourselves. By time bills are paid all we have is 30.00 -40.00 a week for a family of 4 and that has to get toilet paper, dish soap, dog food, laundry soap, snacks for the kids and tooth paste whatever else we need that week. So we only by enough for the 4 of us. Like tonight it is stuffed pepers and he is planning on coming over. He just asked this yesterday so I don't have enough this week we have 4 stuffed peppers that has to feed us and him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I totally agree with shamillionaire on telling him he needs to kick them out! And none of us really know if its enough because we don't know how much you spend per meal on your groceries. Consider figuring out how much each meal costs per serving and go from there. I understand having just enough for your family and it doesnt sound like you are being selfish at all. $20 is may be enough if you are cooking budget freindly and healthy. Good luck!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i'd make him an even better deal. Tell him to clean the kitchen up after dinner and you can call that a payment
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

LMBO hey that is a thought I hate cleaning the kitchen lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• He needs to tell them if they don't pay they have to leave so he can get someone else in there who will pay rent and food so he doesn't have to impose on others. Tell him to give them a date to pay or get out and if they don't go he needs to legally evict them. They are mooching off of him and he's now hoping others will help him out but he needs to grow some balls and stand up to them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If they are so hard up they should be getting food stamps and cooking for him. Where are these stupid people? I want to go give them a peace of my mind. The rest of us have to pay rent and buy food, be responsible. Who the heck do they think they are thinking they don't have to pay their own way? Tell him they have to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 22, 2010