would you let your mom clean your house???

ok i admit i am still my mommas baby im 26 and have 2 kids, im a sahm, and im not really that great about cleaning....i try really hard but i usually clean up really well one day, and by nightfall you cant even tell the living room, kitchen, or hall way has been touched, my home never looks "clean" there is always something somewhere, my dh cleans all day at work and could care less what he does when he comes home, my 2 year old tornadoe loves to pull any and everything out, so she says she understands and is just trying to help out. maybe once a month she will come by and deep clean both bathrooms and the kitchen and living room, and she does my laundry since i have no W/D once a week, i have tried to pay her but she doesnt want it, shes retired and bored but i do buy her ab 2 weeks worth of grocery. i just wondered how normal that was that my mom HAS to clean my house, even if its clean she will come clean it again!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol my mom would probally come do mine too if she had the time like you, i'm a spoiled baby and my dh gets so mad about it too lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I've had my mom and mother in law both do it behind my back, They know I don't want them cleaning my house, so they waited until I was away for the weekend or for a least a couple hours and just took it upon themselves to do it. It pissed me off. After the initial anger wore off I enjoyed it cuz there's something about a mom cleaning your house, they get it so freaking spotless!!
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• In your situation yes I would let my mom clean. It sounds like its something she sincerely wants to do. HOWEVER you should really get more diligent about keeping a clean home yourself. I was like you until I got more firm about telling my dd NOT to pull things off shelves and putting her toys away. You may even think about getting rid of things because if you are like I was I had too much stuff and there was too much for dd to get into and me not to put away. Part of becoming a mother and an adult is learning how to manage a home..and part of managing a home is cleaning it. I'm working on that myself.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Psh, my house is MUCH cleaner than anything I could ever expect from my mom. The house she is renting now (due to divorce) had stained up carpet. S
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If it makes her happy and you don't feel like she's intruding, then it sounds like a great thing! It's a win/win situation. My mom doesn't help very often. But after I had all 3 of my kids, and after I had a surgery on my ovaries, she came by and cooked a week's worth of meals for us and cleaned up some. I appreciated it SOO much! But I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of you! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i would love for my mom to clean my house i ask her too and sometimes she will but its my mil l who does everything when she comes over, she cooks for me, cleans my house, cleans my kids, gets my gocery and she fixes thing around the house for me. i love that woman to death
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i agree with mamachamp. I would let my mom come over and HELP me clean key word being help it sounds to me you mom just wants to spend some time with you and she knows that keeping you house clean is something that you have trouble doing at all times. you get two great things for the price of one i love spending time with my mom and if she is willing to help me clean up (something i dont particularly need help with..but would be nice to have some help) i say what the heck ill even make some food in the process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Your mom sounds awesome! lol She sounds like she remembers what it's like to have kids tear the house apart five mintues after you clean it. Let her help. It probably makes her feel good and you repay her by buying her some groceries. If this works for you and her, that is what matters. I'd love to have my mom just come over sometimes, she would offer to help with laundry or bottles or somethign I'm sure because that is how she is. We live in another state though, I don't get to see her as often I would like and I miss her more than I ever could have imagined. Cherish what you have with yours.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OP HERE - lol i try to help, i try to clean one room while she cleans the other but she just comes right along and cleans it all over again, its more anoying to try to do something and her do it again than to sit and let her do what she wants. she stays out of personal stuff like my bedroom, and occupies her time too lol, and the funny thing is, she PAYS someone to deep clean her home lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Its your mom.. How can you feel bad about it? She cleaned up after you the first part of your life & if it makes her happy to help you out then let her do her mommy thing!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2010