I need help with disiplining or websites I can look at anything PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. I can't take it anymore. My kids are horable. They are like very and I mean VERY hyper active. I think my 2 year old acts like that because of my 5 year old, but she is also into EVERYTHING. You can't turn your back for 2 minutes with her. I do spank, but it doesn't work with my kids especially my 2 year old. Timeouts don't work or sending them to there room. They also fight all the time how can I disipline that work? If someone comes over my 5 year old acts up really bad and jumps all over people spins on the floor everything. Like a friend came over the other day and was playing with my new dog and she was crawling between my dog and friend on the floor and she was mooing at them what the heck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.incredibleyears.com/ParentResources/index.asp
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• omg i'm so sorry you're going through this.

ok. here's my suggestion. you can't turn your back on one for a second?
    Don't turn your back. put them on leashes. attached to you.

seriously! they will have to be with you all day long for a couple of days, until they get it. they will have to help you do everything YOU have to do. playtime will be over.

until they learn how to have real play time. which you will teach them the third day or so when you give them small reprieves with CLOSELY SUPERVISED PLAY. and PROJECTS. silly gluey cutting projects that they can feel proud of themselves for doing.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would think that your spanking and time outs arent working because you arent following through. When they get into something do you discipline EVERY time or just when you aren't too tired? Are you 100% consistent? Because if they know you don't mean it there is no real reason for them to stop.
    Also the mooing sounds totally normal!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Honestly.. take them to your dr and ask for the 5 year old to be checked for ADHD. And do they have a routine?? It might help to have them kNOW what they need to be doing instead of filling their time by annoying you and tearing up stuff. Believe I have a 2 year old.. you are just gonna have to stick it out with that one. Icant even spank my daughter anymore for certain things b/c it doesnt work. You might even think about letting them excercie with you. I am gonna start doing that with my 2 year old b/c she has SOOO Much energy and we live in a small house.. it might help to let them burn off that steam. Ask aroundlike your are doing and try these methods out at home., call your ped, ask friends, relatives, or designate a day for your kids to be separate (like at grandmas) so they can feel like you can spend time with them individually. GOod lUck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes I am consistant I only give them 1 time of me telling them to stop they continue I disipline them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would take away all priviliges, and make him earn it back with good behavior. I LOVE the leash attached to you idea. Get really strict with them and let them see how hard life can be. But also spend some extra time with them. Maybe they are just wanting attention? Give them good attention before they ccan misbehave for the bad attention. I would stop giving the one warning for rules he knows not to break. Just swat his but.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My son has ADHD and I CAN tell you tht everything I have read pretty much says that their brain works diffrently, so th NORMAL disipline techniques dont work like the average parenting skills should. Read up on some of them and see if you have success. Talk to your peds about it and they may suggest a child phsycologist to help with ideas too. I am not screaming medicate your kiddos or go all "organic" diet like some people. Just saying research it and see. One major diffrence is pick your battles. Dont say "no" to every li thing they do wrong, but reward the good stuff. Saying and hearing NO all day long just frustrates you both. But set up rewards for god things will encourage a happier mood in the house throughout the day. WWW.handipoints.com has a free lil printable chart and online reward games. I made a dollar store junk treasure box to pick from everyday after dinner for good behavior. With ADHD rewarding soon helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My DH and I  went to our ODS tested for ADHD. Instead of going through the whole process, they had us do a workshop based on the book " The Incredible Years". Best thing we did for our family. My ODS is very hyper, and all over the place. This book and the workshop helped me to learn to communicate with him better and helped me build my relationship with him, so that I rarely have to discipline. I would really suggest reading and applying this book. People are so quick to discipline, but if you don't have a good relationship base, it''s not going to work. And, with this method, you don't have to discipline nearly as much. I'm 10x calmer and less stressed out. Our whole family has benefited from this and it's something we can use years to come!

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Try instruction rather than discipline. Maybe they need to be told just exactly what is OK behavior. Talk to them, even the 2 year old, about good choices and good behaviors.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010