Have you used the SeatSnug with your child's booster seat?

I just moved my five year old from his five pt. carseat to a backless booster seat. I was concerned because he seemed to sway from side to side in his booster and I always made sure to buckle him myself to make sure it was as tight as it could be and properly over him and not riding up on his stomach. I found a SeatSnug on Amazon and received it last week. Wow, what a diference it made on the lapbelt slack/loosnesss. I was concerned at first because I know you can not add anything to thebooster seat but then watched the video seeing how it goes on the lapbelt. So far I am impressed but wanted to see anyone else's thoughts and if you have used the SeatSnug.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you should never add any aftermarket product to your car seat. If the belt was not fitting properly then your son is either too small for a booster, or the booster didn't fit him well and you should look at a different model
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Wow, an answer so fast. I was still looking over this site. We always used the mighty tight when he was in his other car seats and they always passed the car seat inspections at the firestation so I don't have a problem with aftermarket products. We purchased the Graco backless booster and he could have moved at 4 as he is well over the height and weight requirements. Thanks for your thoughts on using the SeatSnug. We really like it but wanted to see other thoughts on it.
    abs730

Answer by abs730 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• firemen are NOT certified car seat techs, any car seat tech will tell you that aftermarket products are not safety tested, and can acutally void the warranty on your car seat and release the car seat company of any liability if your seat fails in a crash.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I agree with peanutsmommy.
    MommaBunch84

Answer by MommaBunch84 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The mighty tight can actually cause the seat belt to break (where the mighty tight is placed), this is what I've been told by certified car seat techs. Like peanutsmommy said. Any aftermarket product is not safe to use. And if you go to www.seatcheck.org you can put in your zip code and it will tell you all the locations near you that have certified car seat tech's. Firemen are not certified.
    armygirl16

Answer by armygirl16 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thank you so much for all your answers and concern. So I just got off the phone with my insurance agent since you have had me all concerned. I sent him the link of the Graco booster manual and because it does not have anywhere about only using the factory seatbelt with the booster. Yes, the manufacturer Would be held responsible God forbid I was ever in an accident and my son got hurt in his booster seat. So all of your concerns and questions made me check SeatSnug out even more and now feel even better and am grateful that I use this product with my son.
    I also called a safety tech in my area, thank you for that as well.
    abs730

Answer by abs730 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• straight from the graco website:
    Do not modify your booster seat or use any accessories or parts supplied by other manufacturers
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would call Graco not your insurance agent and see what Graco says as well :)
    armygirl16

Answer by armygirl16 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I am not modifing the booster seat in anyway. SeatSnug does not go on the booster seat in goes on the seatbelt.
    abs730

Answer by abs730 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I am thinking graco might say not to use that since they think their boosters seats are enough for kids but as a mom who sees my son sway in his booster seat, I guess I need to know he is safer with it and that is how I feel. Thanks for the idea though armygirl!
    Thanks for everyones thoughts!
    abs730

Answer by abs730 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2010