Lasagna without ricotta or cottage cheese?

I planned on making lasagna for dinner, but I just realized I don't have cottage cheese or ricotta cheese... Should I still make it? (I have no way to get to a store to buy it)

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it will still be good, i don't always add it to mine and my dh still eats all of it lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yes...my MIL makes it that way...no cottage cheese because FIL doesnt like it and no ricotta cheese cause no one knows what that is around here lol.

but seriously, it will just be flatter and less of a mess
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Maybe you will like it without it. My hubby likes lasagna but doesn't like ricotta so the next time I make it I will be leaving it out deliberately.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• oh yes i make mine without either imo it taste way better like that
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• yup that would still be delicious. it's PASTA! the important part right here is SAUCE. if your sauce is good your pasta will be good! ... you can't go without ricott, tho or egg if you're using those no cook lasagn noodles...
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• no way..you have to have ricotta!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Ricotta is my favorite part so I would say no way. But if your family likes it that way than you already have your answer.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 11:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• that is how my hubs does it and it is good. it is different and probably not truly considerd a lasagna but it is good!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I personally would not make it without the cottage cheese / ricotta layer, but there is no reason you couldn't do it. It would just be a layered pasta and tomato sauce dish. It would still work.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 11:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• well if your sauce is just tomatoes there's a problem.

don't be afraid to layer in some garlivcky herby chicken breasts... and veggies
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2010