Advice on Enfamil AR?

I want to switch my son to Enfamil AR. He has a slight spit up problem and he appears to be in pain after eating. My son's doctor recommended putting a bit of rice cereal in his formula but I can't find a nipple with the right flow for it and I'm afraid he is going to choke on it. Have any of you had any problems with it? And how did you fix it? I've heard of clumping and clogging.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you'll have to get faster flow nipples b/c it will not go through some of the smaller holes and you may sill have to cut the nipple a little with a knife but i found the fast flow nipples worked best (my son was on similac sensitive rs) and you may want to mix it with a butterknife or something that will if in the bottle...gl oh and the formual with rice is easier to figure out b/c sometime you might put too much rice cereal in the bottle and it will be too thick lol GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We use the playtex drop ins. Do you think the fast flow will be too fast for an 8 weeks old?
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• that's what i used maybe try the medium flow first and see, and if they clog and if the fast ones clog they make cross cut nipples for those bottles
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Did you have to let yours sit for five minutes? How did you deal with a hungry baby while it was sitting?
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010