was i wrong? dh seems to think so

okay so this "stray: dog comes to my house all the time so we feed him and play with him and everything. well he does have an owner but they don't take care of him he is skinny and gets wounds that are left untreated and always had big ticks on him. well the other day he came on my portch and had on a collar that was way too tight. they added an extra hole to make it tighter. well i loosened it and wrote on it "his collar was way too tight if it's like that again i'll trash it"

was i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pets

• No you weren't wrong.. If it's too tight it will wear the hair down and then start to irritate the neck. Then they will have bigger problems.. Poor Doggy, thankfully he has you to come visit.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No you aren't wrong but I would be reporting them for abuse instead of being a bandaid
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• you shouldn't have written anything, now they might know it's you that keeps messing with their family. yes. family. watch it honey!
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• LOL OK it's not really funny but I had to laugh. I think you did'nt do a thing wrong. I probably would have just loosend it but whatever. You are a good person to take care of the pup since his owners won't. I'd think about calling the SPCA with an animal cruelty complaint though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No I don't think you're wrong. However, I do thing you need to get some other type of enforcement involved instead of trying to handle it yourself. If the dog is being neglected or abused, you need to report it so they can take it away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I would take the dog to the pound. I say this because I hope they don't take it out on the dog. : (

They sound like monsters. Poor innocent pup.
    Anonymous

• i know! i tried to keep him before when i didn't know he had an owner but he kept getting out idk if he's get adopted from the shelter b/c he's a pitt mix but he's so gentle with my kids
    Anonymous