Does anyone else here think that perscription meds and non-prescription meds (over the counter drugs like advil, nyquil, etc) are the reason for there being so many diseases now?

Diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, alzeimers, etc.

I mean there are pain meds that thin your blood and some that don't really help your head ache but make your bood flow weaker. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• Could be possible. I don't do over the counter or any other meds for that matter and am quite healthy.
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• you have to be a lot more specific.

like for example:
    roxies get you high like heroin, and are perscribed for fibro myalgia, and if used by people who don't have it, CAUSE fibromyalgia after years.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I try to avoid prescription drugs as much as possible. If I really don't need it than I don't want it.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I can't remember the names of all the meds. My music instructor was reading an exeprt from a book about it and the author was saying it's funny how there are more diseases now, and also an increase in pushing prescription drugs.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• lol ok miss ginNTonic LMAOhahaha
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• lol Oh geeze it's just a name not a personality description.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• but seriously no matter what we do we're screwed.

you get vit D from the sun, and from dairy, which in excess causes skin cancer. and excess is considered more than the amount of sunlight recieved on the hands while driving for 20 minutes.

shrug. screwed.
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ;-) --~
    rucafox

Answer by rucafox at 11:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If there is no Rx for it then the doctor doesn't diagnose it. The $$ tied up in pharma is awful.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Relying on all pills... OTC and Rx alike rather than true health. Also, food additives, including preservatives, steroids, antibiotics, etc. Refined sugars and flours. I have a book somewhere that did studies of the teeth and jaw formations of cultures related to when refined sugars were introduced... pretty interesting! I have also done enough personal research regarding what we put in our bodies and biology to understand the relationships between cancer, obesity, autism, etc. and how they all pretty much stem from these problems. Our body chemistry is passed to our children in addition to our eating habits. Medications directly caused many health problems I have now (hence all the research).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2010