best friends

if you had a best friend, who had a daughter, and you went to her baby shower & her daughters first birthday .. and then when you had a son, they didnt come to your baby shower or his first birthday because they dont have money or a car, because they still havent went out and got a job ... how would you feel about your friendship?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 12:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you NEED to widen your circle & make some new friends, PEACE
    Anonymous

• If she can't afford gifts, then make an agreement not to buy each other or each other's children gifts, so "nobody feels guilty." Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. I'm friggin' broke, but still buy less expensive gifts for close friends on those types of occasions. You can get pacifiers and socks at the dollar store! :)
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 12:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I am the friend she is talking about. She forgot to mention that since I moved upstate I have called every time I am going down and she refuses to answer the phone. She was not at my DDs second birthday party which she was invited to. I have been down quite a few times and callled her while I was down and she hasn't answered. I'm sorry but why should I do anything for someone who won't even answer the phone. Oh and I have been trying to find work that suites my schedule

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Brookebella I live 1 1/2 hours away and do not drive how should I get down there?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Ladies, ladies, ladies...Please....hang on a second while I grab some popcorn...
    Anonymous

• *ACKWARD*
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:54 it is drama huh? I just came on because she sent me the link and I figured why not try and defend myself because she is childish and brought this onto CM I should just tell my side and be done but I am waiting for someone to read my response and tell her that she is blowing this our of proportion and that this is out of my hands!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• She sounds low as in low class moocher. Please move on to a better class of people. The next thing she will do is ask you to open a credit card for her or ask to borrow money all the time. Move on asap.........
    Anonymous

• Iam no moocher I have not asked for shit. I told her don't worry about getting my DD anything for any holiday,you're not able to come OK we can do something when you can. Sorry that I am not a good friend because I can not fly or get my permit over night.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• A FRIEND doesn't expect anything but GOOD WISHES from her friends...even if the invited person was wealthy.

Sorry, PURPUL, but your question makes you sound greedy and grasping. At the moment, I feel you are the one who's not being a good friend. True friendship NEVER comes with price tags.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2010