Old Wives Tales~ True or False?

Ok I know we've all heard our share of old wives' tales: if you crave fatty foods, you're carrying a boy or if you eat healthy, you're having a girl; having sex in certain positions helps determine a boy or girl or there are the crazy ones that have to do w/labor: drink castor oil; eat pineapple; have crazy sex; herbal teas or nipple stimulation
As funny as some of these sound, I was curious to know if anyone has tried any of them & if so, did they bring on labor? I've just started my 9th month & as ready as I am to have my baby, Im leary on trying any of these! Jus curious, lemme know

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Castor oil is no longer recommended. It can cause problems like dehydration and diarrhea...2 things you don't want when you're in labor. I started having little contractions 2 days before my due date so I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ate hot wings, then went on a long walk. I was in full blown labor that night but I'm sure its wasn't because of eating spicy food and walking, because I was already having contractions before those things.
    Anonymous

• Nope no of those work. Baby will come when baby is ready. You can try them all but if baby isnot ready it will not happen.
    Anonymous

• Babies tend to come when THEY are ready!! And each one is different!! SO when Miss Dakota is ready she WILL let you know!! Don't worry about it, God and nature will take it's course and you will just kinda have to go along for the ride!! LOL!! And dont try all that crazy stuff!!
    ArmyWife61408

Answer by ArmyWife61408 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2010