4 month old with stomach virus

Okay my son will be 4 months old on the 31st. I took him to the dr today bc he has been throwing up since yesterday. They said he has a stomach virus and all I need to do is give him ONLY clear liquids for 24 hours (no formula). Does this seem right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Seems right to me. The clear liquids will flush out his system and keep him from getting dehydrated. Also, the formula might be upsetting his stomach even more and causing him to vomit. I'd trust what they said.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes the same thing happen to my son, after 24 hours he should be fine to hold down all of his milk if not you can slowly up the once of milk mixed with pedialyte
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my son had a stomach virus around 7 or 8 months, and we still gave him formula. he threw alot of it up though, but we still gave it to him. and lots of water.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thanks so much. I mean I figured it was right but I've had problems with doctors! His last dr told me not to giv him water and this one does! But I really like his new dr...he told me I could give him gatorade, do I mix half gatorade half water or what?
    Anonymous

• I think you should give him straight pedialyte it still has the elctrolytes in it that gatorade has
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• pedialyte is like "baby gatorade"
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2010