What can I do

i'm a 23 year old single-mom & i've been living with my mom sice i was 8 1/2 months pregnant. my baby is now 7 months old & my mom is kickig us out of her house. does anyone know where i can call for some place to stay? i'm a full-time student & don't have a job right now, although i am/have been looking and applying to many places. any info will help, thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you looked into state or county assistance? since you are a single mom and student you shouldnt have any problem with them helping you find a place.
    kayhay

Answer by kayhay at 12:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• why dont you check into section 8, and public assistance?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i have checked in section 8, but our waiting list is filled (they say) up until december 2010, although i have been calling every month & it's still the same info they give me. theyre not even accepting applications right now because of how long their list is...
    Anonymous

• i know that there are special housing for full time student moms. my friends sister had a nice place free from that program.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• talk to your school's housing office, they do have housing to suit your needs and if you're on financial aid it can be adjusted to pay for it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• o, wow. do you have any idea what the program was called? i'm going to do some searching for that...thank you!
    Anonymous