It isn't helping!

At my doctors app. Tuesday I was 3 cm and 70% effased (yeah I know spelled wrong :) ) anyways, I have been told that LOTS AND LOTS of sex will induce labor (I don't want to be hospital induced with drugs, although my doc has already put me on the list) my poor hubby can't take much more, he is worn out :)

Anything else, any ideas? My doc said that he will let me go another week and see if we go natural, but I don't know what else to do, my other 2 kids were born 10 days early, but we've already passed that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're right to not want to get induced. Sex and any other natural method are good if baby is ready. If baby's not ready, induction is a bad idea. I agree with the PP who said ask your doc for another week if you need it. They can't force you to put pitocin in your arm, but they will put the pressure on and try to convince you baby is in danger, which it most likely is NOT. It's more danger to baby to induce unnaturally than to go an extra two or even 3 weeks. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You can make them wait till you are 2 weeks past your due date till the Dr has to intervien. How far along are you? I'm sorry but if baby is not ready to come out nothing will get it going. It is just a waiting game. Good luck and hope it happens soon. Try to relax. If you are stressed it can affect you going into labor.
    Anonymous

• If your dead set on not being induced then I would tell your doctor that you simply do not want to be induced. He cannot force you to unless it is medically necessary for your health and the baby's health. If you want to try something at home, I say try the Caster Oil method. Alot of people are apposed to it because it tastes gross and makes you poop most of the time. Last Friday my friend finally gave up and said she took the caster oil. I told her to get some rest because she is going to have a long night. Next morning I wake up to a text message telling me the baby was born lol. It really does help, especially if your already at 3cm. Either way it goes good luck.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Walking helped me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You could take lots of walks and warm baths.
    Lacymarrie

Answer by Lacymarrie at 1:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010