Someone please explain

How can I gain 4 pounds in a day?! Seriously?! I worked out about 45 minutes a day for 4 days last week. I wasn't able to fri through sun. By Monday I was down 4 lbs. I worked out an hour on mon. By tues I was up 2 lbs. I worked out an hour and 20 min on tues. By wed morning I was up another 2 lbs! I haven't been eating any different. So someone tell me wth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• could it have to do with your monthly cycle? you can gain like 2-5 lbs in water weight from that... it has to be water weight with that flux... like did you get dehydrated and then drink a ton of water. loosing 4 lbs is a ton in a week. so maybe it was just stabilizing. idk!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• my first guess would be that it is water. many people only weigh in one time a week, so they don't get discouraged by these types of fluctuations. i find measuring body parts one time a month helpful when losing weight.
    are you drinking enough water? 1/2 of your body weight in oz of water, plus extra to replenish what you lose in your workouts.
    good luck with your weight loss!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My weight fluctuates like that. If I don't weigh myself at the same time every day it could be 3-4 pounds off. Like the PP said, it could have to do with your cycle because you retain water at different times of the month. Don't beat yourself up. The most important thing as that you're doing what you need to do to be healthy, and you know more that more than the scale does. Darn scale!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• If you don't eat enough your body thinks it's starving and will hold on to every ounce.
    Anonymous

• I know this sounds odd coming from a skinny girl but weigh yourself naked, once a week at roughly the same time. Seeing the pounds come off in the morning at "1st" weigh in will cause you to get lazy and you wont pay attention to your diet. Then at night, those same couple of pounds that weren't there will be again. You should weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the restroom. You wont have the food from the day that your body is still digesting. Try not to eat or drink anything before you weigh yourself because that will change the results too. I learned all this from a nurse that used to work at a clinic specializing in weight loss.
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 7:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2010