For sewing momma's.. what is a good sewing machine that's cheap to learn on?

I want to learn to sew like burp clothes and blankets. Just easy things starting out. Also, is it easy to teach myself how to sew?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I really recommend a Singer to anyone. Walmart, Target, and JoAnn's all have basic Singer machines for under $100. You can also get insrtuction books etc on basic sewing from those stores.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I think mine is a Kenmore that I got from Sears a couple of years ago. Pretty sure it was under $100 or just over after taxes and stuff. I originally bought either a Brother or Singer but heard REALLY bad reviews about it, then great reviews about the one I have now. Love the one I have now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Its pretty easy to teach yourself especially if your doing blankets and burp clothes. Mines a brother, just a cheapo version and I sew everything with it;
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 1:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I also have a Kenmore machine from Sears. It was around $100 and it's lasted me 15 years so far.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yes, it's easy to teach yourself. Blankets and burp clothes are good starters. I am sure you can find tutorials on youtube. and if you google patterns you can find free patterns too. I have a Brother & a Singer. I like them both.
    kitkat_mama

Answer by kitkat_mama at 2:47 PM on Apr. 26, 2010