what is your opinion on nestle good start vs. similac advance ?

teddybear2010

Asked by teddybear2010 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Similac Advance... Whenever I think of Nestle, I think of Quik the chocolate syrup. lol
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ??? I'm a BFer (I'm not attacking). I know WIC gives out Isomil, and that was what the pediatrician reccomended, and what was at the hospital. I *gasp* used a little formula in the first week, and in the last month (before age 1), and we just used the free samples we got.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i tried breastfeeding for 2 weeks i pretty much cried every day i make less than an ounce a day of breastmilk my son lost a lb in his first 4 days of life. i tried my best but my breasts are undeveloped no joke
    teddybear2010

Answer by teddybear2010 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Like I said, NOT ATTACKING, sorry it didn't go well. I cried a lot too. Took 6 weeks to get the hang of it. There just wasn't a lot of detail in the question, so I'm not sure where you're going with it. If it was something like, which formula is best? Then, Isomil seems to be the favorite. Otherwise, I just don't know the exact differences, because I was able to BF.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• both my kids could not handle similac... they would just puke it up.... i bfed too but sometimes i liked them to get formula to get used to the taste in case my supply ever ran out. i stopped bfing at 6 months with my first and he adjusted to emfamil very well. every kid is different. my ob said that they had to try 8 formulas with her dd before they found one she could tollerate.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• no im just probably the biggest BF advocate ... it was hard.the reason i ask is bc wic provides good start and i feel like the similac is better but extremely more expensive
    teddybear2010

Answer by teddybear2010 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• ive had my son on similac advance early sheild since he was born. ive had no problems. thats what they had him on in the NICU so thats what i stuck with.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• lol. So sorry, I meant Enfamil. I'm retarded. I just remember it was yellow and said Iron on it. :p
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• We ran out of formula that we got from WIC one month and were kind of low in the cash department so I decided to buy that big can of Nestle to last until my next WIC checks were valid and my son did well with it. The change didnt seem to bother him at all. But every baby is different
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Dd started on enfamil but WIC wouldn't cover it so we switched to similac advanced and dd became really gassy. I ended up pitting her on similac sensitive for babies who can't handle lactose as well. As far as goodstart, I have no idea!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010