Does Satan ever do good things?

Sounds like a stupid question ...
but if someone is not a Christian, i hear many Christians say that they are being led by Satan. So, if that's the case, Satan leads them to donate to charitable organizations? Satan leads them to travel to other countries to help those in need? Satan leads them to take better care of the planet and fellow people?

I'm confused. Yes, i do understand that you believe Satan wants to deceive us so he might do some good things in order to trick us (or at least i've heard some Christians claim this) But it seems to me that there are a heck of a lot of "non-believers" who do a world of good.

- Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in satan and i don't believe he ever does anything good. I don't believe everyone who isn't a Christian is led by Satan. I believe God influences people who don't believe in Him (how would He be all we make of Him if He ONLY influenced those who believe in Him?). There are lots of people who don't believe in God who do wonderful things, and I do believe every one of those things is influence by God, who's desire is to relieve suffering.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• There is no satan....but to play along with those that believe....I guess I'm doing satans work pretty darn well, LOL!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I don't believe Satan does good...............ever. And just because you DO good things doesn't make you a Christian or a believer. In order to be a Christian, you must accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, not JUST do good things. And there are plenty of people who believe and have accepted Jesus, but don't do good things. Satan can be deceitful, but I don't believe he will do something good to "trick" you into bad. He might put on the impression that it's good..............but you have to look past the surface.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Only FAKE good things, to suck you in. There is NO GOOD about satan. Anything that seems like it would be good coming from Satan, there is an ulterior motive.
    Anonymous

• No. He can manipulate and make you THINK you are doing good... But no, he is the master of deception.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:31 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Just because one does not believe in God or Satan doesn't make them BAD or evil..so yes, even non-believers do a world of good.
    Anonymous

• No. He can manipulate and make you THINK you are doing good

Can you give an example of this?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• How about when you think you are helping a drug addict, but in reality you are enabling them............that would be THINKING you're doing good, but you're just helping Satan
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Or 'thinking' you are being friends with your young children by not disciplining them so they will 'like' you... that is not of God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Heres another example...your husband lost his job.You get pregnant and have to be on bedrest.The stress level in your house is almost unbearable. Yur husband is offered an illegal way to make money. The deal looks good.He won't be caught.He will make enough money for the family to survive on for a full year. Your husband feels he has no other options.No other way out. He goes ahead and does this deal that looks like it would be a good thing..but its NOT. That is one way Satan leads you...he is a source of temptation.
    Anonymous