drinking with gallstones?

i have gallstones ive had one attack in February im young an go to the bar alot with friends. so i tend to drink alot whats the affect i useally dont notice much gallbladder problems after drinking i just stay drunk for a long time ..
dose any one no anything about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• WWW.WEBMD.COM

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You won't necessarily notice it right after drinking because it takes time to build up. You are too your to be destroying your body this way.
    Anonymous

• When I was in college, I drank some, and every time I get drunk (don't any more!!!) I would have back pain... it wasn't until I had my baby and found out I had gallstones making my gallbladder 3 times the normal size that I realized that all the sugar in the alcohol was messing with my gallbladder when I was drinking so much. Seeing as this is a moms site, you must be a mom... and it is irresponsible to be out drinking like that when you have children!!! IN or OUT of the house... you need to stop. And your gall bladder will probably feel much better.
    I am young too... 21... and I had it out at 19, so it happens. But being young, I know that being a mom and drinking heavily is a BAD combo!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i dont drink to heavily but i do defiantly drink enough its just hard when all my friends do it every time we go out i go to alot of music stuff considering im part of it.
    Anonymous

• im never drunk around my daughter an when i do go out an drink im more of a mellow drunk im pretty chill. i dont let it affect my normal life at all an i do only go out about onces a week but like i said im a musician so its hard to avoid
    Anonymous

• well, you could, ya know maybe probably, limit yourself to a drink or two.. you don't have to get drunk or even tipsy. you can enjoy it without being a glutton! when you have a child to take care of you shouldn't "definitely drink enough"... if there was an emergency, how would you deal with being drunk and showing up, trying to make decisions for your daughter's life? just bc you are a "mellow' "chill" dunk, doesn't mean it doesn't affect your reasoning and stuff. Trust me, I know the music scene. My dad films music vids and concerts and such. Been there, done that. And no musician has to drink. Its the old "if your friends jumped off a bridge..." deal. If you friends have kids, they shouldnt be doing it either. You give up things when you have kids b/c they come first, not your hobby or indulgences.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Just because your friends do it doesn't mean you have to. Instead of getting drunk, be the one to take blackmail photos of everyone else's drunken stupidities. **grin**

Have you had it checked? You may find that you need to have it removed.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010