OKay, so...deep down I KNEW it was going to be a boy but was secretly hoping for a girl.But its a boy and I'm slightly less than enthused..and I feel bad about that :(

I have a 10 year old son. I have a 14 month old daughter. Just found out I'm pregnant with a BOY. I wouldn't say I'm DISAPPOINTED...I'm just a little less than enthused about it. Maybe because my 10 year old son has been giving me such a hard time for uh...the past 10 YEARS, LOL. Maybe because all the kids I babysit are BOYS and the only girl around is my little princess Aubrey. Maybe because my one stepson is a knucklehead and I just kinda dread doing the rough boy thing all over again.
I'm trying HARD to seem happy, to gain that enthusiam everyone else seems to have when I tell them ITS A BOY! But everytime I try, I get asked"WHATS WRONG?"..guess I'm not that good at fake smiling,huh? I'm happy..I am.I just have to go buy all BLUE stuff now and get rid of all my daughters PINK baby stuff,lol.Hafta get my brain into the idea,ya know.
Am I the only one that has felt like this?Long as he's healthy, right? I'm having a BOY!:)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was that way too.... we don't have girls in my family and my husband was the last boy for 26 years.. i knew I was going to have a girl and we had the ultrasound and everyone was SO happy it was a boy but .. wait.. not me.. we even went shopping for the baby afterwards and I went right for the girls clothes.. my son was born and he was SO HARD.. and he has been all the way along. he's 2-1/2 and the JOY of my life and I love him with everything.. but he's VERY boy. and I am still getting used to the energy and he never plays by himself and he whines A LOT he is a LOT more work than the girls that my friends or sister had.. i know, you can't compare and there are girls that are hard but that's all I can do... like I said. I love my son and watching my niece be an icky teen is making me SOO happy that I DO have a boy but.... I understand mommy...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• its okay!! i was that way when i found out that i was having a girl. scared me actually, all i'd had were boys :D don't feel bad, you'll llove hime just as much :D
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 1:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have boys and I want a daughter badly. I know how you feel. You have a daughter so don't complaint LOL.
    PS love my kids
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Yeah, thats what I tell myself...I will love him no matter what...especially when he gets here. I just feel bad for feeling this way now,lol. Thats why I am publicly admitting this becaase I think it will help me to get over it and just talking about it helps. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• This is one of those rare times I would say try to ignore those feelings. I know they're there, but acknowledge to yourself that those feelings are irrelevant, because in a few months, you're going to forget you ever felt this way, or you're going to regret thinking about it too much or talking about it to people around you. YOu're not going to ever want anyone to tell your son, "You know, you're mom was really hoping for a girl," or "you're mom was a little disappoitned when she found out you were a boy." I dunno, maybe that's horrible advice! LOL! That's what I would do.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You'll get used to it.They are all different & there really is NO way to know how he will be. Everything will be o.k. Your hormones will bring you up & down with different thoughts, but remember thats all they are thoughts.Only as strong as we make them~HUGS~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Im afraid of having a boy the next time around (we have 3yo dd).. but every child is different.. and remember not every girl is a lil' princess, they can be drama queen, lil' smarty pants brats.. lol.. Just keep positive. Im sure once you have him in your arms you will love him no matter what his gender is! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• YES! I know exactly how that is! DH and I were hoping for a little boy for our first.... but that's not what we got! I wouldn't trade her for anything but I was not so enthused when I found out. Kinda sad actually... I kept hoping the drs were wrong and she'd come out a boy so I made sure to have some blue outfits on hand... but as time grew on I became very used to the idea and when she came I was just happy to see her! I'd still like a boy.... but I love my little girl!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You know it's ok to feel that way. I was hoping for a girl too and got a third boy. But don't throw out all the pink baby stuff. You know they paint prison walls pink and make prisoners wear pink because it has a calming effect on the brain. LOL I know , but it's true. Maybe this will be the calm boy if he's surrounded by pink. OK maybe not. You know you're gonna love him as soon as you see him. It's normal to be a little less enthused. But I think once he's here you wouldn't trade him for the world. Congrats and good luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010