Wii Fit...New or Used?

I honestly just don't know what to do here. I want a Wii Fit. I've lost 35 pounds with WW and want to amp it up a bit by regular exercise and I have a few friends who highly recommend Wii Fit.

A local Game Stop has a NEW Wii Fit for $100. They also have a USED Wii Fit for $60 (they have a satisfaction guarantee 30 day return policy).

Is this one of those things that I should definitely get the new of or would I be able to trust a used one?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Shopping

• Its hard to say..
    1. If u buy used - CLEAN THE BOARD! lol, who knows what kinda stinky feet have been on it. Or buy the mat that goes over it.
    2. If buying used you have to worry about how it was treated before. The old owners could have jumped on it, put too much weight on it, sat it on its side- which are all bad things for the Wii. Most wont show up quickly but will wear the board out faster.

I LOVE WII FIT! I have almost every workout game they have (Ea Active, EA More workouts, Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser, and 2 more i cant think of the names.) It is worth the $100 if you can get it new. We have had ours for a lil over 2yrs. Also look into getting the base charger for the controls -- but NOT the wii board.. The controls go through alot of batteries.. We bought the board re-charger but it doesnt work.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I say get a new one cause yea what if the owner was some big fat guy who had fungus on his feet. lol. wii fit is so much fun.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• LOL I gotta agree, the thought of cheesy feet would gross me out.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• I didn't know they sold used wii fit boards.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:33 AM on May. 3, 2010

• You can trust Gamestop, but I still would buy it new.
    The reason being is you don't know who's been on the used one. It could be messed up beyond repair. You're better off getting one that you know will work and last you a long time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2010