How do u deal with stress and pregnancy at the same time i don't want to lose my baby or want anything to go wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Learn to meditate, pick your battles...................take baths! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• thediva is good!
    i love the serenity prayer.
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Try to look at things from a different perspective...try to be more positive. Do small things that make you smile, for me its planting flowers,gardening and watching everything in the yard bloom and come to life. Taking the time to remember to say I love you every day to my SO and my children. Oh yeah...and I'm on an antidepressant too..so that has helped tremendously. Talking about how I feel to my SO and my friends, opening up and not trying to deal with all my emotions just by myself.Remember to smile and let yourself feel happiness...sometimes a person has to do this consciencely.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thank you happy2bmom25!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Depends on the type of stress. .. totally pick your battles on what upsets you but I know while I was pregnant our 2-1/2 year old puppy died of cancer , my cat got stuck in our ducts while we were painting the babies room - those were 2 stresses that I couldn't help and I wonder all the time if that stress made my son colic or not.. its hard to say.. pick what you can to stress over.
    Anonymous

• Just remember you can't control other people or anything outside of yourself. Let go of trying to do all that. Focus on controlling your own feelings and reactions. Step away or out of a potentially stressful situation and remember you are more hormonal now then normally so things will seem worse then they really are.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My DH is my stress reliever. Having a cheerleader is super important.

Sex. It'll get the pleasure hormones going.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Take moments for yourself EVERY DAY! Even if it's just a walk to the mailbox...walk slow and enjoy the scenery. Read for 20 mins. before bed. Wake up before everyone else and watch TV. Relax. Take a hot bath. Go for a walk. Eat some chocolate. Remember you can't control everything...people that are getting to you, or are stressing you out, get away from for a while.
    Anonymous