Advice please having second child...

I just found out I'm pregnant with our 2nd child. When this child gets here My daughter will be 2 1/2 months from her 4th birthday. I really want 2 kids but I'm terrified at the some time. Any helpful advice?.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had a baby almost a year ago and when I did, my first was 4 months from being 5. Prepare your daughter. Read her stories about being a big sister and let her get used to the idea. This will help with the jealousy.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No. I just found out I'm pregnant with my second as well, the only thing that makes me thankful is my son will be 7 when she is born. Phew! The only thing I can say is take deep breaths Alot!!!
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I felt the exact same way! My had just turned two 3 months before my son was born. I always talked to her about her baby brother and I got her a boy gender baby doll for her to "practice" with as far as loving and being gentle. Of course it scared the crap out of me when she would hold the doll by one leg and sling him across the room LOL But I think the idea helped none the less. When my son arrived I let her be involved as much as she possibly could, i'd prop a pillow up for her to hold him on and let her be involved in diaper changes and such. As long as she feels involved and like she is helping and doing something good then I think you have nothing to worry about.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I, too, was anxious to how my son would react to being a big brother... He was 2.5 when my daughter was born and he has done great! I prepared him as much as I could, he even went to most doctor appointments with Daddy and I. I involve him in EVERYTHING! He gets to help change her diapers ( brings me wipes, clean diaper), he helps pick out her clothes (this outfit, or this one), he helps bath her.... I mean everything. We also make sure that he has plenty alone time with Mom and Dad too. I'm sure it'll fine. Good luck Momma!
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 2:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I got pregnant when my daughter was 1yr and 1month...when he was born she was 20 months old. I'm only 20yrs old lol...and I love it...my kids are the best thing to ever happen to me...and they love each other...i think it's great for them to have each other...
    Anonymous