How do I get nailpolish off skin?!

I'm not just talkin' a little around the corners where you couldn't keep your hand steady. my almost 3 yr old got into my nail polish without me noticing somehow.. and starting painting her toenails and then all the way up her shin and then BOTH of her knees entirely like knee guards with nail polish. HOW do I get this off of her skin?!?

BriasMommy_827

Asked by BriasMommy_827 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Nail polish remover. I would make sure you use the gentle formula though. It will take a while with that much but it doesn't hurt so just put a cartoon on for her and go at it.
    MrsKline

Answer by MrsKline at 2:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Nail Polish Remover...lots of it. Use a cottonball to take it off, maybe in the bathtub so it doesnt get on the carpet or floor.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i was told it's NOT good to use nail polish remover because it would severely dry out her skin?? are there no other ways than remover?
    BriasMommy_827

Answer by BriasMommy_827 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Polish remover... After you do it give her a bath and lotion her up real well. Or you could give her a bath and peel it off her skin. Let her soak for a while...
    shamillionaire

Answer by shamillionaire at 2:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• nail polish remover probably can dry out her skin but a little dry skin isn't going to hurt her and I'd take that over painted shins. I agree with giving her a bath and some lotion afterwards. Also, don't get in any cits!
    Anonymous

• ended up using the remover. then washed her up after. thanks for the answers.
    BriasMommy_827

Answer by BriasMommy_827 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010