is there a helmet law (for motorcycles) in your state?

do you think all 50 states should have a helmet law? i live in arkansas and there is not a helmet law here. i think all 50 states should have a helmet law...especially since its a law to wear your seat belt in your car, i just think there should be a law for motorcycles too! what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Georgia- Yes.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• NY - yes.
    Anonymous

• KS - no, as far as I know there is not a helmet law here. I think people should wear helmets but if one is determined to take unbelievable chances with their life, they will and no amount of fines will stop them.
    Anonymous

• NC - yes.

I know SC doesn't (or didn't the last time I was there) and I get so irritated. Once, a guy on a crotch rocket with no helmet did a wheelie while passing me. I seriously wanted to scream at him that he was an effing moron. I mean - really. WHY should there HAVE to be a law to make you want to wear your helmet? Heck, back before kids, I only rode my DH's motorcycle once without my jacket - I was always terrified that we'd wreck and I'd get road rash.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• OK - I think it is under 21 you have to wear one, and over 21 they dont care. I think there should be a mandatory one no matter the age though. It may have changed as I havent paid attention to it in the past 10 or so years since my dad stopped riding.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Texas exempts riders 21 years or older if they can either show proof of successfully completing a motorcycle operator training and safety course or can show proof of having a medical insurance policy. A peace officer may not stop or detain a person who is the operator of or a passenger on a motorcycle for the sole purpose of determining whether the person has successfully completed the motorcycle operator training and safety course or is covered by a health insurance plan.

http://www.iihs.org/laws/HelmetUseCurrent.aspx
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• MI- yes
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• IL - No
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010