What is having an abortion like. If you know...

I have 3 weeks to decide if this is the way I want to go. I don't think it is but just for the sake of research what is it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• like committing murder or at least conspiracy to commit since you let dwomeone else do it.
    Anonymous

• I do not believe in abortion at all. My sister had one when I was young and I saw how awful she felt about it. She was 15 and her mother (she is my half sister) convinced her to do it. She fell into a complete depression for a few years. She is now 28 and still going to counseling trying to deal with the guilt she feels.

I know some women are able to just walk away fine, but this is my only personal experience with it.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• it's different for everyone. i would never encourage anyone to have an abortion. there are physical and emotional risks. but only you know your situation, and only you can decide. pm me if you want to talk facts. i won't try to convert you lol I'm pro choice

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• google "the silent scream" and learn what it is like for your child.
    Anonymous

• Anon 3:25... you are right on. I had an abortion 9 yrs ago and I still haven't overcome the guilt, grief, sadness, and anger surrounding it. You may initially feel relief that this "problem is gone"... but it won't take long before you realize what you've done. My personal story is in my journal. It is public, so anyone can read and comment. I have ABORTION REGRET, which is a support group on CM. Please join us.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• You can read about the procedure on the Planned Parenthood website. It describes step-by-step what the procedure entails, pain issues, recovery issues, etc. It's very scientific. It's not designed to make you feel bad. It's medical fact.

I've never had one, but I know people who did. They needed a few sick days to recover.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It's painfull. Mentally and physically. It hurts a lot...and will stay in the back of your mind for a very long time. I had an abortion almost 5 years ago..and I still cry...and I have two beautiful kids now. Its a VERY hard thing to do. It made me sick. I swore that day as I stumbled out of Planned Parenthood, and collapsed into the arms my boyfriend at the time (who had forced me to do what I had done) and swore to him and to myself, that I would NEVER do it again. It was THE most horrible experience I have ever gone through in my life...
    Anonymous

• It hurts. Planned Parenthood's site will take you through the steps, but they sugarcoat alot too. They don't tell you that you can have nightmares from it, or that you (like my friend) could have your uterus damaged and be 21 and unable to have kids anymore. They don't tell you the emotional stuff that can come from it either. They try to say it doesn't effect you emotionally unless you were unstable to begin with. Well, I think many girls in that situation are emotionally unstable to make a choice like that. They don't necessarily let you see the ultrasound, they may tell you it's a blob of tissue, or that it will only hurt a little. They lie. Duh. They're salespeople. They aren't in the business of helping you parent... they're an abortion clinic b/c they sell abortions. You don't go to a car salesman for a moped. Go to www.abortiontv.com
    Anonymous

• Don't do it. It isn't worth the pain it causes. Adoption is no easy road either, but at least your child will live and you will have given someone else an enormous gift. So many babies die from abortion and it's absolutely unneccessary.

www.afterabortion.com
    www.abortionno.com
    www.abortiontv.com
    www.fightpp.com
    Anonymous

• http://www.knowledgeisempowering.com/Information/options/options.htm
    www.prolife.com
    www.nrlc.org
    www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages
    www.mcmasterlifeline.com/ll_abortion_lookslike.htm
    www.catholicdigitalstudio.com/abortionvideos.htm
    www.amightywind.com/abortion/pleaseno.htm
    Anonymous