Has anyone gotten pulled over for having an expired temporary license from buying a new car?

Mine is expired by about a week but we get paid monthly and can't afford the $1000 taxes. So I don't want to drive because I'm afraid of getting pulled over so I was just wondering if anyone else has been ticketed for this. : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Keep it parked!! I'm a little confused about the tax issue you have to pay upfront? You can't make payment arrangements?

Anonymous

• Nope. I just called them. I have to pay it all at once and it costs $1,789.00.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about your circumstances.

As Active Duty military we used to get our vehicles registered in our home state and sometimes it took more than 30 days for everything to go through and us to get out tags. We were always able to get a new temp tag from the dealer.

Maybe you could ask the dealer for another temp tag.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I did. I had just bought the car on a Friday, then drove it to my bridal shower on Saturday - hadn't even had a chance to go take care of it. I showed the officer my leftover wedding shower cake, and he sent me on my way. It was so long ago that I don't remember whether I got a ticket or just a warning.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Oh - I bought the car from an individual, not a dealership, so the "in transit" sign was handwritten.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2010