Has anyone seen the film JESUS CAMP?

I just recently watched this film this past weekend and I must say I was shocked. I cried and was in awe over these kids and their love for Our Lord. Just wondering what others thought of this film.

Asked by AmberRose79 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've been looking for it because the trailers I've seen reminded me a lot of the environment I was raised in, and I wanted to watch it just so I could see how ludicrous some of it looks from "the other side". I'm still a Christian, I still have my beliefs, but I believe there is a difference between faith and brainwashing. I don't think this film shows true faith.

Answer by EmilySt at 12:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I haven't seen it, but now you have me interested! Is this something I could find at the Christian bookstore?

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I was saddened by the brainwashing of these children, and that a parent would actually tell there children it is okay to use up the earths natural resource. These kinds of beliefs and people are the reason so many people are turning away from church and religion. It would be also considered a mental disorder to act this way. I think all these people are going to hell for being ignorant, judgemental, and psychotic. How is the fat women at the beginning going to be preaching about lazy fat parents?

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 11:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Now I want to see it. And God gave us resources to use.

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I thought it was reprehensible, bordering on child abuse.

Answer by autodidact at 2:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• this is the link to the jesus camp video watch all 9 segments I agree with the child abuse totally!

Answer by ilovemybananer at 3:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I was frightened for and by those children. That movie was very disturbing.

Answer by lovinmystar at 4:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I have it in my queue at Netflix. I'm not religious, but it sparked my interest.

Answer by cleverusername at 11:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I watched this movie in a college class, I grew up in a church like that and I attended camps like that

Answer by Luvdolphins at 12:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I enjoyed it.

Answer by MunkyS at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2008