I don't know how to feel about this??

I finished my GED 3 weeks ago and I'm getting ready to sign up for College. I decided yesterday I wanted to be a Social Worker after I seen this little girl at the Doctors Office..... The little girl went to pre-school and had got hurt, her social worker/teacher was there with her. She had a black eye because she had an accident at the pre-school center. This is what happened...
The little girl said, "Can I play with the Doll?" I said, "Sure you can play with the Doll". She was playing with the doll. The social worker said, "Do you have a Doll at home?". The little girl said, "No" and put her head down. Her mom came out of the Doc Office and said "Put that Doll down it isn't yours". The little girl had really raggedy clothes on, I felt really bad for the little girl. The social worker said they accept donations. So I'm going to take a bag of toys next week, it just broke my heart. I told my Mom that I decided what I wanted to

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 3:41 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well .. okay then ! I'll be EXCITED FOR YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS on your decision and GOOD LUCK! :-)
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 6:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• do and that was be a "Social Worker". My mom paused and said "You have to know how to communicate good with people", then all she could say is "Hmmm & talk about buying vitamins off of TV Commercials. I thought that was kind of rude, she didn't act like she was the least bit excited and I know why.... My Dad abused my mom when I was in the 3rd grade and a Social Worker came and got us, took us to a Womens Center for a month or two. Because, my Dad blacked my moms eye and she had bruises on her. Well... My Dad still doesn't like Social Workers to this day and the Social worker was just doing their job to keep me and my mom safe. I just can't believe my moms response.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 3:46 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I ment to add I was with my Daughter at the Doctor, shes 2 years old and she asked to play with my Daugthers Doll*
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 3:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Follow your heart. I'm sorry you didn't get the response you thought you would from your mom. She should be proud of you finding your career goal and not dwell on the past.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• just a note: My mother never allowed me to play with dolls either. It's not that we couldn't afford them. She just pushed me to read books even very young...and no comics either.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It just made me kind of sad. I just want to help people in need! She was more thinking about her past than anything to do with my future.
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 3:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• This little girl didn't have much and you could tell she wanted to play with my Daughter's Doll.
    marcnsarah

• You have a kind heart and I can't think of anything better...then helping children and family's. Don't let your mom or anyone else discourage you from your goals and dreams. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Thanks everybody!!! :)
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 7:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2010