Does anyone have any funny/unique birth stories to share?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my first son I was induced a couple days early.I had gone to the hosp for a non-stress test and the results were not great so they decided to keep me and start and induction. I called my husband was teaching a classful of students at the time. His office secretary pulled him out of class to take the phone call. My voice was very shakey and it did not sound like me. I told him we were going to have a baby today. He said WHO IS THIS? I proceeded to ask him who else was having his baby today. We still get a big laugh when I tell the story.
    Anonymous

• As soon as my son was born I told my doctor, "Oh, that really wasn't so bad. I don't know what everyone makes such a big fuss about." I was lucky really...I only labored 5 hours and pushed through 3 contractions.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• i had no choice to have a c section bc my daughters butt was down... before they could pick a date i went into labor.. i begged them not to give me an epidural.. although know damn well i had to have one anyway lol
    Anonymous

• I worked in maternity, knew exactly what to expect. I had my epidural. I was being monitored for pre-eclampsia. My husband and my friend from work were there (she was there to video the birth). I got to complete...after about 12 hours of labor. I started pushing. I pushed and pushed and pushed., but the baby was transverse. the doc would move him, but he'd slide right back. I ended up with a c-section after 2 1/2 hours of pushing....and the baby was stuck in the birth canal, and had to be pulled back out....lol.... I say I gave birth both ways, because I pushed for so long and then had the section. I hope this sounds funny to you and not like a horror story, because it's funny to me. I always figured it was because "I knew too much" and had to prove it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• The doctor went to check how dilated I was, told me I was 9cm and then my fiances mom walked in and got a pretty good look at my goods. I screamed while laughing "your mom saw my crotch!!!!!" and tons of people on the maternity floor heard me. They didn't close the door or the curtain around the bed so anyone could walk in and see it lol.
    About 10 minutes later I yelled at my fiance because my mouth was SO dry and I wanted ice. It felt like an eternity before he reached behind him to get the cup so when he finally got it to me I was having another contraction (they were 30 seconds apart so it really only took him about 30 second to get the cup) and yelled to get the damn cup out of my face.

They still make fun of me about it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My water broke in a HUGE gush at the office at work. People scrambled to help and my boss put her sweater between my legs to try to help. LOL, didn't make a difference, as there was a giant puddle on the office rug. To top it off, since I was 10 weeks premature, I had to go out 911 to the hospital. Way to make an exit!
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 7:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I had extremely high blood pressure from about halfway thru my pregnancy up until the end. I'm still on the meds. All along they'd been telling me she was small and I was on bedrest and ordered to eat every two hours and eat protien. At 36 weeks the doctor said enough was enough. TIme to put me in the hospital and induce labor. The baby was projected to be 4 pounds 5 ounces. That was Thursday. Well Saturday I was officially 36 weeks and the pitocin began. I spent all having contractions with no progression. Admitting defeat the doc offers 3 options. Keep going, C-section or try again tomorrow. I was leaning toward a csection but my dh talked me out of it. I woke up the next morning having contractions. They started the pitocin about 5. The contractions continued to get stronger and my water broke. I was 5 cenimeters dilated. (cont)
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• That was 7:45am. The nurse checked me again a few minutes later when she noticed me in "bearing down mode". The baby was right there. My husband arrived from home at 8:10, she was born at 8:20.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I had 2 c sections. When my second was going on I was texting my mom WHILE it was going on :P
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:36 PM on Apr. 22, 2010