have not breast fed in about a year but i think i still see milk like stuff what is it?

my son is 16 months old i had to stop breast feeding him when he was about 3-4 months old because i could not produce enough for him to feed but 1 or less times a day and eventually not even that... TMI? when i was taking a shower this morning i looked down and i still have those bumps you get when your preg on your areolas...but there are white spots on them like dried milk i didnt pay to much attn to it becuase it has been that way since i quit feeding him my milk, but i squeezed my breasts a little and got a fluid out of them it looked like milk... do you have any clue if this is normal or not..please help

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 4:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Health

• My son is 21 months now and I only breastfed for the first month of his life and never exclusively. I never produced much milk when I was breastfeeding but can still sqeeuze some out if I try, and I still have the bumps around the areola as well. It's not unusual, but go figure.
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. Some women can go years after weaning then suddenly start leaking in the shower or at random.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• It's milk. It's normal. You probably really could have continued breastfeeding but lacked good support and info.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2010