question about feeling babys head threw cervix

ok so some of you have ready my posts about thinking i was going in2 labor and all . well i had my doc apt 2day and asked him 2 check me * with my history or dilating at 32 weeks and all* he said no prob and checked but im so confused about what said. he said that my cervix is long and closed but he can defiantly feel her head. he didnt act worried or anything and didnt put me on bed rest or pelvic rest but if he can feel her head doenst that mean she has dropped and with second babys dont they not usually drop tell right befor have them? schould i be worried? i thought she dropped about a week ago cuz i woke up in excruciating pain in my hips and all and i can breath and my belly is way low and its hard 2 walk so the doc saying he could feel her head kinda just confirmed lol

MammaBanjo

Asked by MammaBanjo at 4:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i honestly don't know but i thought second babies dropped sooner. and my first dropped a few weeks before he was born.

i think everything sounds really good. with your cervix not at all dilated or effaced. i can definitely understand why you are worried if you have a history of pre-term labor or of premie baby/ies. but it really does sound like things are going well and you can breathe a sigh of relief!

gl :)
    Anonymous

• OK, I was an L&D nurse....cervix Long and closed, you are not at all starting to dilate. With more experience than I probably had, I guess he could tell what is head and what is not. I remember what "head" feels like, lol.....and I know I could tell "head" or not....but I do not remember feeling anything through closed cervix. Did he at all feel your abdomen? Because you can also tell head down or not from the outside that way. Did the baby drop? I don't know, lol....Not much help, huh? Do NOT worry, if the doc wasn't.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2010