Looking for a really good carrot cake recipe

Anyone have one that's really rich and moist?

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 4:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh, and which do you think goes better in carrot cake, walnuts or pecans?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I will give you the absolute BEST Carrot Cake recipe I've found! I printed it out a few years ago, and make it every year for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter--because of demand! :o)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=7402&origin=detail&servings=18

I "tweak" this recipe, by adding a cup of brown sugar, and to make it EXTRA moist, add 1 cup of crushed pineapple.  If you don't like pineapple, you can simply add an extra 1/4 cup of oil.  And I prefer my carrot cakes to contain walnuts, both in the cake, and "drizzled" on top of the frosting.  I also found that adding the pineapple, increased the bakign time by about 20-30 minutes--so be careful and watch closely.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• Forgot to mention that I also add about a 1/2 tablespoon of ground nutmeg! Gives it a "warm" flavor.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• sift 2c flour, 2c sugar, 2t baking soda, 2t cinnamon,
    add 1c olive oil, 3 eggs, lightly beaten, 2t vanilla,
    beat well
    fold in 1 1/3c pureed cooked carrots, 1c chopped walnuts, 1c shredded coconut, 3/4 c crushed pineapple
    line 13 x 9 pan w/ parchment paper, oil the paper
    bake at 350 for one hour.
    frosting
    cream 4 oz cream cheese (at room temp), 3T butter(at room temp)
    slowly add 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
    stir in 1/2 t vanilla and juice of 1/4 of a lemon.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• My recipe has raisins and toasted walnuts along with the carrots baked into the cake. It's frosted with a cream cheese icing and topped with toasted walnuts. That's my favorite carrot cake. Not too sweet. Message me if you'd like the recipe
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2010

• I have one that came from Southern living and will take around 40,000 characters to type out. If interested let me know and I'll send it to you. Also, it takes about 3 hours to make and the list of ingredients are long. I only make it once a year because of the time factor.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=257583

Duh.......Here, I found it!

Do not omit the buttermilk glaze it absolutely makes the cake, and use only real ingredients with this recipe. . I add golden raisins ( 1 Cup) that have soaked in rum or other liquor of choice for about 6 hours and do not use the grated carrot. I use 2 large jars of carrot baby food instead. Use only canned coconut, and not the bagged it makes a huge difference.

Also, if you omit the carrot completely and use 2 large jars of plum baby food it makes a wonderful plumpudding cake for Christmas, with a marshmallow frosting it absolutely fabulous.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Marshmallow-Icing/Detail.aspx
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2010

• Google Paula Deen's recipe. It is wonderful and fool proof, I've made it several times. I always use pecans.
    Anonymous